Cawston & Associates – Calgary’s Leading Tax Consultants
Cawston and Associates has been involved in taxation for over 40 years. Our background includes audit representation, voluntary disclosures, collections, assessments, appeals, bankruptcy representation, and taxpayer relief.
Head partner William Cawston spent 8 years at the Canada Revenue Agency. During this time he was involved in auditing, collections, assessments, and eventually was promoted to Chief of Taxroll.
William left the CRA to become a small business owner but after many years of good and bad times he decided his true passion was in tax. In 2007 his son Trevor Cawston joined the practice bringing with him practical bankruptcy solutions and corporate administration services.
Cawston and Associates works with accountants, bookkeepers, lawyers, and the Canada Revenue Agency to ensure that you have the most cost effective solutions to your tax problems. Due to our high level of knowledge of tax law and CRA policy we have an extremely high success rate in appeals, and taxpayer relief.
Calgary Tax Accountants and Tax Consultants, What We Do:
As Calgary tax consultants we handle tax issues such as non-filers, which are people who have not filed tax returns and may or may not be prosecuted by CRA.
- We handle voluntary disclosures which are taxpayers who wish to disclose something without fears of penalties and prosecution.
- We make representations for individuals, corporations or trust to CRA when they are being audited. As tax consultants we do a large amount of appeals where we seek to overturn erroneous assessments that are made from time to time by CRA.
- We make payment arrangements for taxpayers with collections which results in the removal of garnishees.
- We do monthly monitoring of these accounts to ensure that our clients remain compliant.As tax consultants we specialize in defending taxpayers against Director’s Liability assessments and against Section 160 transfer of assets.
- A solution to tax issues
- We help to keep you compliant going forward
- We try and minimize your tax debt through varies means that are discussed above
- We take the stress out of dealing with the CRA
- We can help you protect your rights
Because as tax consultants we generally have a good working relationship with the Canada Revenue Agency we are able to help solve your problems without having to go to tax court in most cases. We also specialize in Taxpayer Relief applications for relief from interest, penalties and in some cases principal amounts of tax. The skills that are needed to be a tax accountants are a good knowledge of the Income Tax Act and the policies and procedures of the Canada Revenue Agency.
As a tax consultant we have helped hundreds of people with their tax problems.
Our firm has had clients from across Canada and in to the United States.